Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Conventions

In order to create a professional magazine cover, table of contents, and two-page article I looked for inspiration in popular published sports magazines such as Sports Illustrated and ESPN. Along with the published sports articles, I also used the "Classic Newsletter" template in Pages as an outline when outlaying my two-page article.

For my cover page, I mimicked Sports Illustrated most common layout where the headliner story's subject or person is covering the length of the cover. In my case, the subject was basketball player Jack Duffy sitting on the bleachers holding a basketball between his legs. I took the photo from ground level and had Jack sit about five rows up. By doing this I was able to get a shot that incorporated depth making Jack seem higher which connotes power and excellence which he has in his sport. For the Branding of the magazine company, I mimicked ESPN's style with HSSN. In today's media industry abbreviations have become increasingly popular for they are easy to remember and often catchy.

For my table of contents, I filled the page with photos that I have taken over the course of the past couple of months as a background. Each photo relates directly to the title of the article. In order to make the titles standout and legible, I made the opacity of the images 63%.

For my two-page article, I used the Pages template as a guide in outlaying my article. To make it my own I added photos, moved and deleted text boxes, changed the fonts, and edited the photo properties and outlines. In addition to several action shots throughout the article, I also put a game schedule to encourage readers to attend the basketball games and support the local high schools.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Submission with Prezi

Prezi:  https://prezi.com/view/WeoHc8CInwjYeJRFEY9A/ Magazine Cover Table of Contents Two-Page...