Friday, March 29, 2019

CCR #1

Front Cover: 
For my front cover I did not challenge conventions and rather stayed pretty traditional to the basic sports magazine cover. I have my headlining story portrayed to provide readers an insight as to what the headlining article will be about. I took the cover photo from a low angle in order to make the athlete look bigger, taller, and stronger. I then edited the photo using the free Apple app Color Pop. This app allowed me to make the background black and white while still have the athlete be in color. The purpose of this was to make the athlete stand out to grab the readers attention. I followed very conventional styles such as the ones seen on “US” magazines. The font I used for the company logo is bold to provide a sense of dominance which is a common attitude for athletes. The font I used for the headline title is also large in order to draw readers to the thought of what is “EVERYTHING MATTERS”. By doing this readers are more likely to pick up the magazine due to the suspense that was created by the headline. I continued to follow conventions by placing the month/year and issue number on the top right corner. 

Table of Contents:
For my table of contents I did not follow conventions. I created a very untraditional table of contents page. I used an array of sports or athlete photos I took over the course of a couple months to display what the article on that page will be about. This was a very untraditional style that I had not seen done yet before. On Pages I was able to edit the photos and decrease the opacity to make the page numbers and titles of the article stand out. Furthermore, I put my issue number on the top right corner and the month/year on the top left corner. 

Two-Page Article: 

For my two-page article I used a template I found on Apple Pages as an outline. The template gave me a good idea of how to layout my article. While I did use a template, I arranged the text boxes and photos differently in order to make it an original. For example, I made the text boxes uneven as a way to positively challenge conventions. I continued to put the month/year and issue date on the top right and left corners. On the bottom left I added the magazine company to meet conventions as well as a twitter @ on the bottom right corner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Submission with Prezi

Prezi:  https://prezi.com/view/WeoHc8CInwjYeJRFEY9A/ Magazine Cover Table of Contents Two-Page...